There are various sports out there. One of the most famous sports is the American Football. It became so popular to the point where many people wanted to watch the game and cheer their favourite teams.
Things You Need To Know About American Football
However, if you are just a newbie when it comes to this sports, then there are certain things you need to know about it.
Here are the things you need to know about it:
- The game involves 2 teams and each team is composed of 52 players.
- In each team, only 11 players are allowed to enter in the field.
- There are no limitations when it comes to substitutions during the entire game.
- The squads are often split into 3 units namely: special teams, defence and offence.
- The team sent into the field depends on who has the possession.
- Each game lasts about 60 minutes. It is composed of 4 quarters that lasts 15 minutes each.
- If in case both of the teams have the same score at the end of the game, then they would need to go overtime.
- In case an overtime occurs, the first team to score a goal wins.
- The conversion can be one or two points depending on whether they have run or pass the ball to the end zone or not.
- Safety means that the team has successfully earned 2 points. This is given when an offensive player has been tackled inside their end zone.
- Field goal means that the team has earned 3 points. This is also somewhat similar to that of the penalty kick in the Rugby game.
- Touchdown means that the team has earned 6 points. This is given to the team who has reached the end zone of their opponents.live score american football
- There are two ways to move the ball. One is by running or by the throwing the ball to one of his teammates. The first method is called rushing while the second method is called passing.
- Interception is the term used when the defensive player is the one who caught the ball.
- When the player loses possession of the ball and the defensive player recovers it, then it is called fumble.
- The offense teams have 4 tackles and this tackles are called downs and they need to use it in moving the ball 10 yards for if they successfully do it, they would be given another set of downs.
- The players do not want to acquire the fourth down. This is because it is when the team often attempts a field goal in order for them to earn points and if they punt the ball far enough, then the opponents would have a longer distance that they needed to cover in order for them to score some points.
- If in case the team fails to do make the distance during the fourth down, then the ball would then be given to the other team starting from where the play ended.
- Either of the teams could call for 3 timeouts in order for them to stop the clock.
- The coaches’ challenge is the term used when the coach thinks that the official has made an incorrect decision. If in case they were successful in the challenge, then the ruling would then be overturned.
There you go. You are now ready to enjoy playing this classic sport. Encourage now your friends and family and see how it will change the way you perceive sportsmanship and unity towards success. This is the main objective of the game. Provide you happiness while building harmonious relationship.
Kick start now your journey through this sport.